Who are the EtonX tutors?
All our tutors are carefully selected and rigorously vetted by EtonX. All of our tutors have an outstanding online tutoring and teaching background demonstrating excellence. All EtonX tutors receive comprehensive training in our pedagogy, technology and safeguarding policies and procedures.
What is the role of the EtonX tutor?
EtonX tutors work with groups of 6-8 students on a weekly basis across seven-week courses.
- Conducting live group classes in the virtual classroom using lesson plans provided
- Adopting a facilitator role in the group classes as opposed to being a 'sage on the stage'
- Assisting students between classes by contributing to online discussions
- Monitoring students’ progress
- Assessing student work and giving constructive feedback
- Providing feedback about students and courses to EtonX
- Reporting any concerns about student performance or any safeguarding-related issue to EtonX.
What we look for in tutors
- Native-level English speaker
- Previous online tutoring or teaching experience
- Teaching qualification
- Educated to degree-level
- Experience working with non-native speakers of English
- Excellent technical skills
- An enhanced background check (DBS) or national police check
- The ability to motivate students in an online environment
- Patient, supportive and engaging approach
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Work well under pressure –being able to cope with any technical stresses online tutoring can bring!
- Good humoured
Interested? We are currently recruiting tutors, please register your interest by filling out this form and we will be in touch!