Relationship to Eton College
EtonX was founded in 2015 and is a wholly owned trading subsidiary of Eton College. The EtonX team liaises closely with Eton College to develop content that aligns with Eton’s pedagogical and pastoral values to help young people everywhere develop the confidence, drive and interpersonal skills to succeed in life.
How do we work with Eton College?
- Guidance - EtonX benefits from oversight and guidance from the Head Master and the Provost and Fellows of Eton College.
- Research - We contribute to and make use of research from Eton’s Centre for Innovation and Research in Learning.
- Safeguarding Expertise - We liaise closely with Eton to access their expertise and training on safeguarding.
- Course Directors - Each course has its own Eton College Course Director, with expertise in that field. They are involved in syllabus and content development and they also introduce and summarise each section of learning within the course.
- Other Contributors - We also gather input from other Eton College contributors at each stage of course development, meaning our courses offer a range of perspectives. These contributors include students who hold relevant positions of responsibility in societies and other areas of school life, as well as members of staff.
- Student Interviews - Many of our courses feature video interviews or role plays with students at Eton College.
- Outreach and Partnership - We work with the Director of Outreach and Partnership to offer free courses to secondary schools across the UK and we have worked with some of Eton’s key partners, such as London Academy of Excellence and Eastside Young Leaders Academy.